As a future writer, I have a statement to make:
What limits imagination?
People say, “Imagination is unlimited,” or “Everybody has an active imagination.” I suppose they say this to have the Scrooge come out of the them.
When you look at it, the average person has 10% pure imagination, and the rest is influenced by tv, books, or–God forbid–manga. Go to a site where they say they support pure, imaginative writing/music/art, and you’ll see that most of the works have been done before, albeit for the worse or the better. For example, romance novels. Some cliche techniques are:
- Arranged marriages
- A girl cross-dressing in an all boy’s school/pop band/some sort of all boy’s group
- A girl being the “uninterested” one of the numerous fangirls flocking a jock/celebrity/rich pretty boy
- A girl being a scholarship student to a rich school
- (In the more rare cases) A girl so outstandingly beautiful and talented that guys can’t help but fall over you
- A innocent little country bumpkin who makes a playboy fall for her.
- Etc, etc.
Damnit people, go read an effin DICKENS and put down those romance novels. It’s annoying.
*The same goes for drama watchers, anime watcher, manga readers, etc.